Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies with approximately 9 million members.
- Humana has a long-term strategic goal of helping consumers make informed choices. To fully deliver against this goal, the company needed to evolve their e-business practices and the customer experience on the website.
- The website needed to reflect a more integrated experience that both delivered the Humana brand as well as practical tools and functionality that would empower consumers to take control of their health care.
- In partnership with The Customer Group, AspireUp conducted a current state assessment of the Humana website and developed a strategy for delivering a dramatically improved customer experience.
- We interviewed a broad group of stakeholders and conducted an extensive study of among best-in-class corporate websites, and benchmarked Humana's site against best practices.
- Out of this research, we made several recommendations, including addressing the organization structure for managing the website, defining the process for resource allocation, and making improvements in usability design.
- Humana has received national recognition for its industry leadership and commitment to e-business, and has continued to excel in this area through implementation of these recommendations.